Will EZ detect show colon cancer?

If you have colon cancer, would an EZ Detect show positive?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, EZ Detect is a rapid test to detect occult blood in feces. Sometimes it might not detect bleeding, but it does not mean that the cancer is not there. It depends on the cancer stage and when the diagnosis is made. The gold standard is colonoscopy and biopsy of rectal polyps (if any). Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask other questions you might have in the next follow up! All the best! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Will EZ detect show colon cancer? 18 minutes later
Hello - I have tested five times with negative results. I have had some stomach pains/cramps for the past five - six days. the symptoms come and go. My doctor perscribed Bentyl. My gastro doctor suggested I wait to get a colonoscopy until I was 40 - My mother passed away at the age of 66 from Colon Cancer. She had Medullary carcinoma of the colon.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Stomach pains/cramps-possibl acute gastroenteritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. Hving stomach pains/cramps for the past days are indicative for an acute infection of GI tract. So, I suggest to: - take bentyl as prescribed by your doctor to ease stomach cramps - take tasectan and probiotic to optimize bowel movements - drink more water - take o.r.s. - have light meals, often and small portions, avoiding heavy and large meals If you are worried about colon cancer because your mom died from it, I'd say to wait until you turn 40 years old and start regular check ups as your doctor suggested. It is true that you have a family history of colong cancer, however, it does not necessarily mean you will have it. However, the current symptoms you are having show acute gastroenteritis and not for a colon cancer. Wish you health! If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer! Dr.Klerida