Why is the bloating and burning feeling below the chest after acidity medication?

hi doctor i m facing problem with my stomach from last two months.i m treated with helicobec and acid reflux still on medicine.but i m terriblly bloating now since two month now and feel more bloated just below the chest and burning feeling.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 33 minutes later
Thanks for your query. It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Which drugs you are taking for the H.pylori infection?
2)     Did you get a follow up breath or stool test done after few weeks of starting the treatment?

Sometimes even after starting treatment for H.pylori infection, the symptoms persist because there are antibiotic-resistant bacteria. This results in initial treatment failure and requires additional rounds of antibiotic therapy or addition of bismuth colloid with the antibiotics. So it is important to get follow up tests done after a few weeks of starting the treatment.

In addition to the prescribed treatment, you should eat plenty of yoghurt as effect on H. pylori infection. Also avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health and waiting for your reply.