Why is nothing visible on ultrasound during pregnancy?

Since the first day of my last period (Jan. 15), I am 7 weeks 1day pregnant today. I went to the clinic on Tuesday when I was 6 weeks 6days and they did an ultrasound but they didn't see anything and the doctor said it was a possibility that I might be early or have a tubal pregnancy. They told me to come back next week Tuesday for another ultrasound. I am freaking out right now. Since Tuesday my stomach muscles have been aching like crazy, it hurts a little when I pee, I feel bloated and can't walk straight, it hurts when I stand up from sitting or when I cough. Should I be worried that it is possible I might have a tubal pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes it may be ectopic Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. Yes it may ectopic pregnancy if it does not become visible on ultrasound. If you have severe pain or any other bad symptoms like bleeding etc, then you will need to rush to the emergency room. If the symptoms are not alarming then wait for your next appointment. Whatever is the case, you cannot do much about it, so no point in worrying. Just keep a track of your symptoms and stay in touch with your gynecologist or family physician. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee