Why is my child having shooting pain all over his body?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My 9 year old has sharp, shooting pains ALL over. This has been happening for several months now and the "episodes" sometimes last for many hours. Ear, finger, palm, shin, chest, rib, toe, ankle, head. thumb, shoulder, elbow, etc. Just from watching him it's like his nerves are misfiring. I have talked to his doctor about it but she didn't think much of it. This stops him from doing anything until it passes. Any suggestions on what it may be or what I need to do to figure it out? Thank you so much!
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further exams & tests required... Detailed Answer: Hi there, I have read the medical history of your son, and, to my judgement, it might be related to vitamins deficiency or electrolyte imbalances. I'd suggest to do some blood work: - complete blood profile - electrolyte levels (natrium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc.) - measure the level of calcium/vitamin D and others - do urine analysis I'd suggest to ask your boy if there is anybody molesting him at school or any of his friends annoying/frightening him (or perhaps beating him). Get your boy's body checked for bruises, or other injury damages. If nothing, then, should consult with a neurologist for further evaluation. All the best! Dr.Sonila