Why is my blood pressure varying so much?

i am 24 yrs old male, when i consult my general Physican he checked my blood pressure , it was 126/100( iam very exited to know about my health) and then he suggested me to go for walking and do some exercise then after that consultation i used to check my BP daily the readings shown are 120/83,123/84,132/86,132/87,132/90, 132/85,140/91 and from last three readings my B.P is 140/100( Note when ever i used to go for B.P checkup I used exite about my reading and thinking heavely about it when iam in my house- when iam thinking about B.P or going for check up my heart beat is increasing automatically) all my urinal ,ecg,Echo tests are normal Please help me in this regard,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 21 hours later

I have gone through your mail. Your BP recordings seem to be showing significant variations.

My feeling is that the variations are secondary to anxiety.

My advise is to stop getting your BP checked on a daily basis.

Get it checked once in 2 weeks and rest of the time forget about it.

If you still find variations and majority of the values are in the higher range we will consider the requirement of anti hypertensives.

You need to follow life style modifications in terms of regular exercises, have a salt restricted diet and try out some stress relieving programs.

You can keep a watch over the next 2 to 3 months and take a call about what we need to do.
I hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow up .

With regards,

Dr. A. Gopi