Why is bleeding from right nostril a common event?

Seems like bleeding from the RIGHT nostril, such as I have, is a pretty comon event. Why? Thanks...
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I can think of the following causes for your nose bleed:
1. Hypertension - poor control with drugs, long standing hypertension. So, check your BP levels regularly and review your medications with the doctor on a regular basis.
2. COPD - upper respiratory tract infections when common can also cause bleeds.
3. You haven't written all your medicines, are you taking any aspirin ? It can too.
4. Poor Vitamin C in the diet, especially elderly. Try taking lots of citrus fruits regularly.
5. Temperature fluctuations in environment - check your heater and moisture around the home. Too much dryness can cause bleeds.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.