Why does't walking, dieting, drinking a lot of water reduce my weight even by a kg? What else to do?

Hi, my name is Anu, i am 25 yrs old, 5.6'' height and 66 kg weight. i have been trying to get to 60 forever. i try and eat right,drink lots of water, have stopped eating fried food or sweets completely and go for walks everyday. it has been a month but havent lossed a single kg yet. what am i doing wrong?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 28 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Have you put on this weight recently?
2.) Are your Periods regular?
3.) Do you have history of any medical illness such as diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or hypothyroidism?
4.) Are you on any medications?

Based on your anthropometric measurements, your are overweight and not obese. Bringing your weight to normal range should not be a difficult task, but you should have some patience and dedication.

Following these lifestyle modifications will help you achieve this task :

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid dieting, eat and sleep on time.
3.) Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
4.) Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 large meals a day.
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Yoga has proved to show excellent results in weight reduction programmes.
6.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
7.) Drink 2 glasses of water before each meal.
8.) Have a healthy heavy breakfast, medium sized lunch and less quantity of dinner.
9.) Go for regular brisk walks, including aerobic exercises for 40 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
10.) If you have any Hormonal Imbalance, like Irregular periods, excess facial hair, speak to your Gynecologist.

Follow these lifestyle regimen religiously, you should see excellent results in 3 months.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.