Why does my stomach feel cold?

my stomach feels cold on the inside,,what could cause this?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I would need some more information from you before I can answer this because feeling just cold in the stomach doesn't give any particular clue. Are you suffering from any other gastrointestinal complaints like acidity,bloating,regurgitation of food,burping,excessive farting etc ? Do you get this cold feeling throughout the day or after taking specific things Like cold water,spicy food,alcohol etc? Any other symptom which you would like to state? Do you get vomiting or diarrhoea? Awaiting your reply. Thanks
Follow-up: Why does my stomach feel cold? 2 hours later
I asked this question before and have not recieved an answer with more info... I had a Kidney tramsplant 8 yrs ago ... I had major bloating possiblyly Sibo but eliminated it over 6 months on the Paleo diet which i still follow.. I had gained 30 lbs and lost it in 3 months .. I had perforated colon surgery due to torn mesh from my transplant 6 months after transplant and 3 yrs ago.. Cutrently have a few hernias
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 14 minutes later
Hello, Normally such a cold feeling occurs if a person is having acid reflux called as GERD or if he is suffering from gastritis.But if you don't have any Gastro intestinal symptoms,then it is very difficult to point towards any thing in particular. However,the best would be to consult a gastroenterologist and get yourself examined properly.He can perform certain blood tests and ultrasound abdomen to look for any cause.He may even perform a endoscopy to look your stomach from inside. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: Why does my stomach feel cold? 3 minutes later
I have occasionally had blood in my stool which I believe is from hemorrhoids...I have no other symptoms except constipationI have had this cold feeling for the last few days and have been craving lemons and it is all day with no burping excess farting or anything
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 37 minutes later
Hello, You are right that constipation is leading to hemorrhoids which leads to bleeding during bowel movements. Craving for lemons could be an indication of some dehydration in you or it could even mean deficiency of vitamins like VIT C or even deficiency of iron or magnesium also. Since your symptoms are just few days old,I would advise you to take plenty of water,lemons,fresh fruits and green vegetables. I hope your constipation as well as this weird cold feeling in your stomach also goes away. Do it for 7-10 days and see the results. We can again discuss after 10 days. Thanks