Why does my son not respond to noise after I stopped him falling off by his neck ?

My son was 6 weeks old and had him sitting on my lap facing me with his legs on my stomach and his head by my knee I began to dose of and therefore my legs relaxed and nearly dropped him but had stopped him falling by suddenly snapping my knee shut and catching his head either side with my knees either side of his head he didn't cry instantly so I didn't think nothing of it. He is 2 moths old and does not respond to noise is this a result of what happen ? Otherwise he is fine
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 7 hours later

Well, relax. What has likely happened is that you caught the child's neck or head in between knees which i feel was upside down.
If the position was for a matter of second and if the child didn't cry or fell non- responsive after that immediately, then the child was safe.

Response to sound may not take place normally till 12 weeks of age, so i wont really insist you to worry about this. "otherwise he is fine".

Hope this answer is informative and assuring. Please write back if you have to share any further details.