Why does my bp rise after a pvc or a pac?

On bp med, Coreg 12.5 mg tid.. I mostly have had readings averaging 117/70, but at night, mostly, when I want to relax I will get a pvc or pac then immediately feel a little flush and anxious and a little sweaty and bp goes up to around 158/90, then seem to go back down after a little time. This has been repeating a few times tonight. appreciate your thoughts on this. XXXXXXX W.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 8 hours later

Thanks for posting your query here.

Your symptoms are likely due to a 'cardiac arrhythmias'. You mentioned that you get a PVC or PAC and then you feel a little flush and anxious and a little sweat. It's possible that you might e developing a Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia, precipitated by the ectopic beats. This can lead to such symptoms.

You must get a HOLTER test done which can pick up the cardiac event which is causing such symptoms.

These cardiac arrhythmias are usually recurrent and can be suppressed with medicines.

Hope this answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards
Dr Kiran