Why does my 3 year daughter have a wet feeling in her pants, while it is actually not so ?

My 3-year-old daughter always thinks her underwear are wet. She asks me to check them every 20 minutes! She asks me to check them for poop too. They are always completely dry and she rarely actually wets her pants and never poops her pants. Sometimes she gets so upset thinking they might be wet that she crys about it and insists on changing them, even though they are dry! I dont' know what to do.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

From the history provided it seems that your daughter might be disturbed due to some emotional stress, causing her to act out.

In addition, presence of a urinary infection might be presenting as urinary urgency and frequency, which the kid interprets as a probable accident and tries to check her underwear.

A proper history and history taking by a pediatrician might help to know the exact cause of her symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.