Why does child vomits after meals and has lost weight?

My 12 year old vomits after meals and only wants to drink liquids to keep from vomiting. He has lost 15 lbs in the last month and has not had a bowel movement in several days. He is 5'8" and 137 lbs. Dr ordered cbc and tsh. What else should we do?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: weight loss is serious.. evaluate further Detailed Answer: I would not have worried about short term history or marginal weight loss. This is a serious matter and cannot be explained by acidity or infection. This child will need a test called barium swallow followed by meal if any thing is blocking his food pipe. Also look for any tonsils or swallowing difficulties. Send me a pic of child standing with chest shown open for a better idea if anything else is obvious. Thanks.. hope his tests won't be delayed. Please get back with details.