Why does antibody test negative even after 8 month?

Hi Doctor !how minimum the pcr rna (virus load )can detected right now (2013)and tere are have mistake false positive with virus load less than 20 virus copies .because I test negative antibody at 8 month ? I so scare can any Doctor help me .I know in CDC till repost who detected virus but not dignosic yet that means waiting time for the test being detected : question is if your virus load quantitative pcr rna detected virus XXXXXXX than 20 virus that means you are already infected with virus ?thank Doctor !wish you have a nice day !
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Seroconversion. Repeat Viral load & antibody test Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Why you have antibody test negative even after 8 month? Answer: You may in the stage of seroconversion. Soon after the initial infection with the virus , your body’s self defense mechanisms kick into action. Your autoimmune system begins the process of developing antibodies to attack the invading virus. This process is called seroconversion. During seroconversion, you may not have detectable levels of antibodies in your blood. An blood test during this time could result in a false negative. Is Possibility of false positive in PCR RNA Viral Load test? False-positive HIV viral loads have been reported in approximately 5% of cases involving patients who were tested after HIV exposures. Is if your virus load quantitative PCR RNA Viral Load test detected virus less than 20 virus that means you are already infected with virus ? Yes. If PCR RNA load test detected virus load then you are already infected with virus. Now a days high sensitive PCR RNA viral load diagnostic methods are available. We recommend PCR RNA Viral Load test for the people who have 1. Antibody test negative but have clear history exposure 2. Suspecting to be in the stage of seroconversion 3. Symptoms of viral illness but Antibody test negative. We recommend the Patients should undergo repeat antibody testing and Viral load test in 4-6 weeks, who have indeterminate HIV antibody test results, low HIV viral loads, and no clear HIV risk factors or symptoms of primary HIV infection , without other interventions. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.