Why do i have continuous lower swollen bleeding rectum with abdominal pain ?

I am convinced I have Ulcerative Colitis. My lower stomach burns all the time. After I eat, it feels like a knife is being pushed into my belly button, and I am constantly cramping. My rectum is swollen and often bleeds. The urge to use the bathroom is constant and intense. My stool often has black, gooey matter in it. And I rarely have a solid stool. It is usaully diariaha like. What should I do?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

Burning of stomach with cramps after eating are usually associated with UC or IBS but we cannot commit anything before doing proper investigations.

Swollen and bleeding per rectum can be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures which again need to be examined for diagnosis.

Black coloration of stool means there is some bleeding high up in your intestines. It can be a bleeding ulcer, intestinal parasites or ulcerative colitis.

This is something which needs an immediate attention and you need to get your stool examined for parasites and occult blood.

Simultaneously other investigations like upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, Ultrasound and routine blood investiagations are also needed for proper diagnosis and treatment.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.