Why do I often feel sick with vomiting sensation, stiff jaw, eye burning and sour taste in mouth. What is wrong?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Once or twice in a day I feel like sick. I feel fever like, vomitting tendancy, feeling jaw stiiff, eye burning, weakness and sour taste in mouth. 20 years back I had suffered from jaundice. At present jaundice test in not positive. Not daibetic. Age 52, sex- male. Water in my area contains irons abundantly. Please daignose my problem and suggest treatment. XXXXXXX Kr XXXXXXX Purnea, Bihar, India
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later

From your description it appears that you are in the incubation period of some infective disease. I would suggest you to do the following tests.

1. CBC (Complete Blood Count)
2. Liver function tests
3. BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen), serum creatinine and serum electrolytes
4. Blood smear
5. Widal test
6. Serologic tests for hepatitis.
7. Ultrasound abdomen.
8. Chest x-ray

The results of these tests need to be correlated to a proper clinical examination by your physician. This will aid in diagnosing the problem.

Only if the exact diagnosis is made can specific treatment be started.

With regards
Follow-up: Why do I often feel sick with vomiting sensation, stiff jaw, eye burning and sour taste in mouth. What is wrong? 19 hours later
Respected Dr. XXXXXXX Vagholkar,
As suggested I will go for all tests. At present I am taking Liv 52 and Pantocid. Taking very light food and avoiding protein and fat. But unable to take rest. What preacautions I should take at present ? Can I take tea regularly. I am a vegetarian. I have never taken alchohal. I have taken juice somtimes at roadside thelas. XXXXXXX K. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later

You can continue with liv 52. But do not continue with pantoprazole for long time. Use is as suggested by your doctor.

Diet and water are important factors that are associated with infection, recovery time as well as liver functions. You can have anything which is hygienically cooked. It would be better to avoid eating / drinking on road side.

In addition drink plenty of water. Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables. They will benefit your and fasten recovery.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any more help.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

With regards