Why do I have no discharge during ejaculation ? Does taking diabetes and blood pressure medications have any side effect ?

I have no discharge during ejaculation, I am 54 years old and have diabetes. I take janumet and some blood pressure meds.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Your History suggests you are suffering from what is known as "Dry Orgasm".

Since how long do you have this Problem?
Do you have any History of Prostate Surgery or Radiotherapy?
Does your Urine appear cloudy?
When where you Diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and Diabetes Mellitus?

In many cases of this condition, semen goes into the bladder instead of coming out through your penis. This is known as retrograde ejaculation which is common after any Surgical Procedure on the Prostate. In a few of such cases you don't produce enough semen to ejaculate. It can interfere with you in Impregnating your Partner. The diabetes could be one of the cause, the other causes could be Blocked sperm duct, congenital anomalies, and Medications like Clonidine may also be the Culprit.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Urologist so that he can examine you thoroughly and rule out the exact cause for your Problem. It is not at all harmful, but it is always better that your get yourself examined by a Urologist and speak to him, to know any underlying Pathology that would need attention. If you are Planning for kids, you may require treatment. The treatment always depends upon the cause and if the cause is the Medicine, the offending drug has to be removed from your Medications list. Speak to your doctor and do not stop any medicine without bringing it to your Doctor's notice. He shall also examine you and do a Blood Work up and If necessary a Ultrasound to rule out if you have Prostate Enlargement.

Exercise regularly and eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Avoid stress and Work out regularly for an hour daily. Avoid junk and High calorie foods, limit your salt intake which should be around 1,500 milligrams a day. Maintain a Healthy weight. If you smoke and drink, QUIT. You may also want to go for regular brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily, this will keep your Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol and Blood Sugar Levels under fairly good control. Practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation. Stick to your Treatment Plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope i have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and Good Luck.