Ask a Urologist   »  

Why do I have irritation in the urethral opening of the glans penis?

General Surgeon
I'm a male and my pee hole is irritated I don't have any bumps or discharge and it doesn't burn when I pee it's just a mild irritation , what is it
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 9 minutes later

Irritation of pee hole ( urethral opening in the glans penis)     and skin surrounding it ,without any discharge ,bumps or burning during urination is most commonly due to some infection or mild allergy. Plenty of liquids including cranberry juice may help to find the path of speedy recovery and alleviate your sufferings and tension.

If it does not improve in 48 hours, you need urinalysis.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Follow-up: Why do I have irritation in the urethral opening of the glans penis? 8 hours later
It's mainly a lil irritated after I pee then it goes away is that normal?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 56 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.     

Irritation of tip of urethral opening over glans penis is mostly due to mild infection. It can occur after urination or before urination both. With plenty of liquids it may disappear in few days. It doesn`t appear to be any serious problem.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you a Good Health.