Why do I have a hole under my skin?

It feels like I have a hole under my skin. It's located between my breast and arm pit, on the right side and 4 inches down. It's not painful or tender but it is slightly discolored. When press down it feels like it can go as far as I press. Should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Having a hole in the skin might be the space in the fascia which you are feeling.The slight discoloration you have noticed might be due to the depth of the skin in between the fascia. This seems to me just a harmless deficit in between fascia anatomically and there is nothing to worry. It is a normal anatomical variation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.