Why do I feel sensation in lower abdomen while lowering my chin?

Dec 2012

it is something of a weird symptom, which has come on recently. Whenever I lower my chin, there is a generalized "tingling" sensation across my lower abdomen. It goes away after a few seconds or when I raise my chin. Anything to be worried about?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not think it is a problem to worry about Detailed Answer: Hello Dickinson, Thanks for posting your query, In my opinion I do not think it is something to worry about as it is an unspecific unrelated symptom. Lowering your chin and having sensation in your lower abdomen seems totally unrelated. But if this is recurring each time your chin is lowered, then this must be related and I can only relate this to musculo-skeletal stretching or it might originate from the spine. In any case, if these symptoms persist, then it is best to seek the opinion of a neurologist as I suspect that this might be more of a nerve problem rather than digestive. In my knowledge there is no digestive diseases that present with such symptoms. If these symptoms are mild and do not cause you any further discomfort, I suggest you ignore this and stay clear of worry until any further developments. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah