Why do I experience pain at the tip of the tail bone when sitting down?

Hi, I am 35 years of age.Difficult to explain but let me try.. When I sit on the chair,the end point of my back bone that touches the chair is paining very badly.I never had this problem.Its just started paining today.please help me.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Local inflammation.... Detailed Answer: Hi, If there was no history of trauma, the pain may be due to local inflammation. Prolong sitting and presence of plenty of hair / hair follicles may have lead to this pain and discomfort. If there are no other visible clinical signs/symptoms, I would not be very concerned. I would start you on oral pain medications such as ibuprofen twice daily for 2-3 days. Local heat application can also benefit you. If you notice any other visible signs/symptoms, you will need to discuss with a doctor nearby. Hope you do not have history of diabetes. Hope this helps. Regards