Why did the clicking sound associated with the mechanical valve stop in my heart?

Has there ever been a malfunction of a mechanical aortic heart valve? I had AVR surgery in 2000 and have done very well. However, recently the clicking associated with the mechanical valve has stopped. Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that yes there is a possibility of struck aortic valve and aortic valve dysfunctioncan be seen . The stoppage of clicking means that the valve is not opening or closing any more , there may be leakage . I will advise you not to waste time because an ECG , 2 D ECHO will be necessary before saying anything and auscultation of heart is also recommended . Kindly visit your treating doctor or cardiologist early as possible . Treatment will be according to the condition of the valve . Take care. Dr. Shruti