Why causes baby to cry non stop after intake of Enfamil Prosobee?

General Surgeon
Since 7pm last night, my 10-wk-old baby has drunk 12 oz total of Enfamil Prosobee (soy) for.mula out of unwashed bottles--3 different unwashed bottles were used bc my boyfriend didn't know they'd only been rinsed, not washed, in the past few days. Now my baby is crying as though he's in a lot of pain and alternately drawing his legs to his chest and then stiffening his whole body straight. The only thing that calms him is breastfeeding. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be due to Intestinal Colic Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare_Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX I do understand the situation and your apprehensions. Enfamil Prosobee , is a corn/soya based infant feed formula given as substitute for milk feeds( to prevent gas and reduce fussiness ). Excessive crying in case of your child is possible due to feed intolerance and solute overload leading to intestinal colic. It is self limiting and should settle down. Continue giving your baby breast feeding, if baby is sleeping for 1-2 hours after every feeds, no vomiting, normal stools then be assured everything is fine. Also watch for any alteration in color of stools. Antispasmodic drops may also provide the much needed relief. Do get back if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon