Why am I unable to hear while lying down?
User rating for this question
My ears unplug when lying down, but plug when I sit/stand up. If I pull on my earlobe, it unplugs, but plugs when I let go.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Ear ossicles defect Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The problem you have could be due to defective movement amongst the Ear Ossicles. Ear ossicles is a set of three small bones forming a chain involved in supporting and regulating the movement of the ear drum. Defect in their alignment can lead to such experiences which depends on the position of the head. The other possibility leading to such symptom could be Eustachian tube blockade. This could be secondary to allergy or structural defect. Do consult an ENT specialist who can examine and order investigation to identify the specific defect. regards,
People also viewed
- Why am i unable to hear while lying down
- Unable to urinate lying down
- Exertion burning in ears
- Right throat ear eye and head burning
- Hear heart beating while lying down
- My ear feels like its burning
- Help for burning ininching popping ears
- I am suffering from anxiety, can i take klonopin?
- Will cortane b treat ear infection, acute outer ?
- Can i take remicade for erythrodermic psoriasis ?
- Is alesse used in the treatment of endometriosis?
- Can bydureon cure noninsulin dependent diabetes ?
- What causes hearing heartbeat while lying down
- Able to hear heart beat while lying down
- Burning sensation in ear and jaw