Why am I unable to hear while lying down?

My ears unplug when lying down, but plug when I sit/stand up. If I pull on my earlobe, it unplugs, but plugs when I let go.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Ear ossicles defect Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The problem you have could be due to defective movement amongst the Ear Ossicles. Ear ossicles is a set of three small bones forming a chain involved in supporting and regulating the movement of the ear drum. Defect in their alignment can lead to such experiences which depends on the position of the head. The other possibility leading to such symptom could be Eustachian tube blockade. This could be secondary to allergy or structural defect. Do consult an ENT specialist who can examine and order investigation to identify the specific defect. regards,