Why am I having swollen itchy toes due to contact of heat?

My wife foot fingers swells in winter and starts itching once comes in contact of heat. please suggest what to do?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Swelling of the feet in winter is a sign of increased blood pressure. I suggest you to get your Blood pressure examined atleast on three occasions and rule out Hypertension. Also reduce the salt intake. The itching could be a secondary effect of the swelling or it could be due to fungal infection which is very common in winters. Apply KETO dusting powder over the affected feet. This will provide relief if its due to fungal infection. Regards,