Why am I having stinging pain in bottom of stomach and thigh area?

General Surgeon
I have a pain at the Bottom of my back right side. Bottom of stomach right side and the Inside of my right leg thigh area. It's like a stinging pain
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract stones or infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptoms are quite characteristic for urinary tract stones or urinary tract infection. You feel pain on the back because there is a kidney located. From the kidney downward goes ureter to the urinary bladder. Ureter meets a nerve which is responsible for the thigh area. Urinary tract infection gives gradually increasing pain. Stones give sudden pain which is more intense. Both issues can give burning while urinating, frequent urinating and blood in the urine. I suggest you to visit your doctor, have blood work, urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound. In case of infection antibiotic should be prescribed. In both conditions you should drink plenty of mineral water (like 2-3 liters a day) and start cranberries supplementation. Hot bath can help with the pain. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.