Why am I having severe itching on the butt area?

Jul 2012

Hello Doctor,

I feel severe irritation problem on my butt.

My butt really itches. all around my butt hole, whole day , especially more at night. I have good hygene and shower every day?

The skin in that part is different.I could see in glass taht the skin around my butt is little whitish and little thick. I dont know how to explain it more.

I am from Chennai-India.I came to US 5 months back. I started to use toilet tissue here. I am not sure whether it could be the reason or not.

I feel shy to come and show my butt hole in front of you.

Plesae give me your prescription , so that I can go to a pharmacy shop like CVS and get the madicine and I can use that.

I am really depressed with this problem.I could not work. I could not sleep well. Please give me madicine to stop my butt itch immediately.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there.

Dont worry so much. It is a common problem.
Use a hydrocortisone-fusidic acid cream twice/day for some 5 days.
Use an antihistamine tablet eg hydroxizine 25mg (atarax) @ nite for a week.
If you can get your hands on any antihelminthic, please take it one time.
I prefer Mebendazole 100mg twice/day for 3 days or a single tablet of mebendazole 500mg or a single tablet of Albendazole400mg provided you can get one of these sans prescription at the medical store.
The problem is minor & should resolve soon. Stress does play a major role.
Cheers & Godspeed; It will soon be fine & wish you continued good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Why am I having severe itching on the butt area? 21 hours later
Thank You Doctor.

I got only the hydrocortisone cream (without prescription) and I am using it now.

But I could not get the tablets without prescription. Could you please send me a soft copy prescription to my E-Mail id. I can use that prescription and can get the tablets.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
It is better you print out this transcript & use it as a prescrption as am afraid we are not permitted to write out a prescrption per se on this portal or directly address your email id. This shud suffice if your pharmacist is kindly. By itself, the hydrocortisone may also suffice!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.