Why am I having pain near tailbone while urinating, pooping or farting?

Hi I feel main near my tailbone sometime times while I urinate or poop or want to fart what could be the cause
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I think you might have had some trauma to your tailbone. The muscles that attach to this tailbone are also attached to muscles that control the base of the penis and anus. So you are getting this pain while urinating.

Normally this pain stays for a few weeks to months and goes away. Painkillers are prescribed in the meanwhile. Proper posture while sitting is important. Leaning forward while sitting helps to reduce the pain. Application of ice to that area may help.

If the pain persists, your doctor will advise further investigations including a magnetic resonance imaging to rule out causes like fractures, etc.

Hope this helps.