Why am I having pain in my left testicle, left kidney and urethra following a disintegrated kidney stone operation?

I have pain in my left testicle, left kidney and urethra following an operation that disintegrated a kidney stone two months ago. Why do I have this pain?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible that stone fragments are migrating down Detailed Answer: Hi, The kind of pain that you seem to be having looks like it could be indeed due toa kidney stone. Laser disintegration causes the stone to be broken into smaller fragments which should be coming down on their own through the ureter. quite often, they are so small that they do not cause pain while some people might experience discomfort if their urinary passage - the ureter- is unusually narrow. And this is the reason why we actually place a 'Double J' stent in the ureter after Laser lithotripsy - to ensure pain-free passage of stones. You could get a few tests to ensure you have no major problem - the most basic of which would be an ultrasound examination of kidneys and urinary bladder. This will inform you if there are any residue fragments and also if there is any new stone formation, and also if there is any swelling of the renal system which usually indicates that there is a stone coming down the natural passage. An X-ray of the kidneys and urinary bladder area also could be of help. In the meantime, I suggest you take plenty of oral fluids to wash off any potential fragments. We do recommend patients to take an oral solution of Potassium Citrate diluted with water to be taken thrice daily after meals if their kidney function is normal. Medicines like Flomax could also lessen the discomfort, and help faster spontaneous passage of any stone fragments. I hope there is no fever - in which case you should be comfortable pretty soon. Hope I have been of help.