Why am I having pain in lower chest?

Hi I have lower chest pain in the middle it last half hour it became better when I drink
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 40 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Any pain at 40 and beyond should be investigated as HEART PAIN – UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE – You need ECG and blood tests for cardiac markers.

Only thing you said - it is better with drinking!? It could be Oesophagitis.
You have not said of more characteristics of the pain – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on.

In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.

Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck