Why am I having decreased libido and ejaculation problem after taking oleanzapine and fluoxetine for anxiety disorder?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Respected sir,.v r married for 5yrs,v hav a kid of 2yrs,spontaneously conceived soon after marriage.but now we r facing problem of secondary infertility.my husband is taking tab for social anxiety disorder..oleanzapine and fluoxetine,,after that he hav decrease libido and anejaculation,,.sir,v r in stress to conceive,plz give us a solution,,is it necessary to try for ivf or are there drugs to overcome this problem.my periods are regular and evaluated to be normal
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: more details Detailed Answer: Hi Please answer following questions so that I can give detailed answer 1. Semen analysis report of your husband. 2. Tubal patency test for you like HSG if done. 3. Approximate sexual frequency per week. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Why am I having decreased libido and ejaculation problem after taking oleanzapine and fluoxetine for anxiety disorder? 7 hours later
After taking the tablets,he is facing problem of absence of ejaculation,,so semen analysis not done..more over he wont do masturbation.he has decreased libido.sex frequency one per month...are there any drugs to overcome the side effects of antipsychotics and antidepressants.before starting those tablets,everything was fine with us

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: side effect Detailed Answer: Hi The problems you have described are common side effects of these drugs. Following are options. 1. Ask his psychiatrist if he can be weaned off medicines for 6 months. If not change over to drugs which don't have this problem. 2. If above is not possible you can go ahead with IVF and TESA where surgical aspiration of sperms done for ICSI. 3. Cheaper option will be donor semen IUI where donor sperms are used. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards

Follow-up: Why am I having decreased libido and ejaculation problem after taking oleanzapine and fluoxetine for anxiety disorder? 32 minutes later
Sir,can u plz tell me those drugs which do not have these side effects

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: psychiatric Detailed Answer: Hi This question needs to be answered by his psychiatrist as he knows the situation better and qualified in psychiatrist. Please visit the psychiatrist for the same. Moreover health care magic does not give online medicines or prescription as policy. Kindly excuse me for the same. Regards