Why am I having cold water sensation running through my veins on top of my head?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have a cold water sensation running through my veins on top of my head it comes and goes, been happening for few days now. I'm 79 years old diabetic but just got report from test a week ago that everything was great. Just wondering what this might be from, my son says it my be anxiety.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and understood your concerns. The reason you have cold feeling running through your veins on top of your head could be related to: - anxiety (partially) - diabetic neuropathy (damages to the nerves). - So, I first would suggest to consult a neurologist and run neurological testing to exclude diabetic neuropathy. - Then, I'd suggest to measure your blood pressure and blood sugar level at the time when you have this sensation, record them for future reference. It is great that your results were ok; perhaps you are experiencing low blood sugar (as your glycemia is being stabilized and your body is not used with such "low" levels yet). - I'd also suggest to get your eyes checked for further evaluation. Hope it answered to your query! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Bardha