Why am I getting shock like sensation while touching any metal or steel object?

the weather is cold here @ 15 to 16degree centigrade. At times when i touch any metal/steel object like vessel ,etc i get a shock ? why it is so? Is there any problem with my body?last so many years i never experienced this? Neither my house members experience such shocks? what could be the problem and need solution/advise?
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 11 minutes later

There is nothing wrong with your body and there is nothing to worry about. The cause of the above is based on physics and not your health. Since the relative humidity of air is low in winter as compared to summer, static electricity is generated that can result in above phenomenon.

My suggestion would be to use humidifiers and use natural fibre material garments.There is even anti-static hand lotion available that can be used !

Hope you find my suggestions useful.

Dr Sundar G