Why am I getting popping sensation in head while moving or turning my head?

my head is popping. for a while now my head has been randomly popping if i move it a certain way it will pop. or if i move to quickly. its normally just on the left side but its somtimes in different places. no headache or anything after. its worrying me though. whats going on?

Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later
Before answering your question I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to answer your query.
What exactly you feel when you get this popping?
Do you mean you feel dizzy or you feel spinning of your surroundings?
For how long the symptoms remin and since when are you having these symptoms?
Are you on any medications?
Is there any history of diabetes or hypertension?
Do you sit for a very long time like sitting on computers?
Do you smoke,take alcohol or any drugs and if yes,then how much?

Waiting for your reply.
What is your age and wright?
Follow-up: Why am I getting popping sensation in head while moving or turning my head? 33 minutes later
it happeens when i move my head quickly or turn or move a certain way. no symptoms. but just tonight a few hours ago i was eating and out of no where i got dizzy and everything was kinda a blur for a minuet then it went away and im fine now it was the weirdest feeling. i dont take medication i dont do drugs or drink. i do smoke but only aboit 7 a day. ive had what feels like a sinus headache but thats about it. i would really like to know why i felt that dizzy sensation out of no where as well.
im 17 and weigh about 140
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Although there can be various reasons for dizziness spells but since you are quite young the causes for such a thing happening to you should be  mild and go away with little management.
The most likely causes which i can think in you could be 
Stress,anxiety or lack of proper sleep
Anemia or low blood sugar
Lack of electrolytes due to exercises or hot and humid conditions leading to dehydration
Cold and sinusitis resulting in some ear infection
Getting up after prolonged sitting may also cause it due to sudden drop in blood pressure 
Last but not the least,use of tobacco or smoking may cause it.

Take proper nutrition
Take plenty of water
Get tested for anaemia and blood sugar levels
If cold is bothering you,then take steam inhalation
Take proper sleep
Quit smoking and do regular exercises.

I think this should make you all right but if you don't get all right by these measures or your symptoms aggravate,then best would be to consult your doctor and get proper investigations done for the diagnosis.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck