Why am I getting pain while having sex?

i was wondering my girlfriend says it hurts when we have sex, she says it feels like ripping we have been having sex for two years. she doesnt want to have sex because the pain just turns her off, she is scared to go see someone. she is 18
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
The pain she is having during sex can be related to a vaginal infection, psychological causes, harsh behavior during foreplay and sex.
Other cause is hormonal changes occurring in the body and fatigue. A healthy affectionate communication with the partner helps in decreasing anxiety and stress. A psychological session of the couple with a sex therapist also helps.
If the symptoms persist then get other causes ruled out. It can also be due to anemia, overactive pituitary gland causing hyperprolactinaemia or abnormalities in the production of luteinising hormone (LH). My sincere advice is to consult a gynecologist and get these possibilities ruled out.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Why am I getting pain while having sex? 8 hours later
she did have like something bad happen to her some kind.of.sexual abuse in her past could.that cause her pain tho?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Psychological cause is a possibility in this case. You need to arrange a session with sex therapist to know the exact cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.