Why am I experiencing pain and fullness in upper abdomen?

For the last 3 days I have been experiencing some pain and fullness in my upper abdomen. When I try to take a XXXXXXX breath the pain radiates to my back
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later

The symptoms you have could probably be due to acid peptic disease in the form of mild Gastritis or a small gastric ulcer.The pain radiating back is very typically seen in posterior wall ulcers.

If you have consumed alcohol for longer duration then another possible diagnosis like Pancreatitis can be considered.

I would suggest you to take Tab Prilosec OTC once in the morning before food for a week.This will reduce the excess acid seen in acid peptic disease and reduce the symptoms effectively.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.