Why am I able to ejaculate during intercourse but not during masturbation or oral sex?

Radiologist
Question
Why am i able to ejaculate during intercourse but not during masturbation or oral sex or any other type of stimulation?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 hours later
Sexual functions are influenced by various physical and mental constraints. There are no organic medical conditions to explain this occurrence.

Follow-up: Why am I able to ejaculate during intercourse but not during masturbation or oral sex? 8 hours later
What is something that i can do to maybe help the situation? Before i got my vericocele surgery i was unable to ejaculate at all. But afterwards it helped a little and now i can through intercourse but thats it.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 17 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
It is known as performance anxiety. Usually people have it during Sexual intercourse . This is rare to have such problems during mastrubating.
First make clear that varicocele is not at all related to ejaculation. If it is going to affect at all it will affect sperm production. But it happens in chronic conditions only. So you need not to be worry about that.
All symptoms associated were stress related. Any one associated with genital problem have lot of misunderstanding and stress. It affects Sexual function in many ways. Like in your case you have difficulty in mastrubating.
If you can performance better with your partner then you are absolutely normal. Just you need mental relaxation therapy for other problems.
I will advise please consult board certified psychiatrist or sexologist to learn how to relax your mind. You will definitely get out of it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why am I able to ejaculate during intercourse but not during masturbation or oral sex? 7 minutes later
So to start things off do you suggest that I practice "relaxing my mind" and this "metal relxation therapy" on my own and see what happens? If so can you suggest a few things that i can maybe try to do. Also how long do problem like these tend to last after some sort of treatment? Because im 17 and have never had the ability to jaculate during masturbation and obviously thats a very very stressful problem at my age. e

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 15 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
It is always better if you own start this kind of therapy. Once you can achieve first ejaculation by mastrubation then problem is nearly over.
Best luck and hope for the best.

Thanking you.

Follow-up: Why am I able to ejaculate during intercourse but not during masturbation or oral sex? 14 minutes later
I also forgot to add that when i try to masturbate after a few minutes my penis begins to turn red and itches/burns very badly. I dont know if that chanes anything but that always happens. No stds

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 34 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
It is not a serious matter to concern. It may happen in some cases. It may be due to rough handling. Don't worry be gentle in all process. You will succeed soon.

Regards.