Whom to contact for kidney transplantation ?

haloo my uncle is suffering from a kidney deise we are lookng 4 kidney donners of b+ blood group if any one is intrested den plz do contact us on YYYY@YYYY ..n kindly plz tel us also dat is der any side effects aftr d transplantation or any problems
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 16 minutes later

First Organ transplantation has become a law now. Only a family member can donate the kidney. Please read Organ Transplant Act of India

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle's case. For the Kidney transplant expertise is very vital. The most common complication after Kidney transplantation is transplant rejection by the patient's body though the rejection rate has reduced a lot these days due to medications. Some other complications can be infection, sepsis, electrolyte imbalances, stomach inflammation, obesity etc due to the use of drugs used for preventing rejection.The after effects also depend on the age and any other associated complications if present in the patient.

As like any other procedure it has some risk but if the transplant is succesful the patient on an average can live longer and is also free of regular dialysis procedure.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for followup if any.