Who treats Chronic Fissure?

Hi.. My wife has been diagnosed with Chronic Fissue. I need to talk to a specialist and take a 2nd opinion before the treatment. Under which category (specialisation) should I ask the question ?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: consult a general surgeon Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I am sorry about your wife's current health status. You need to consult a General surgeon for the same. Initially, she can try Anovate cream locally in the anal region to get relief from pain. Hope this helps you.
Follow-up: Who treats Chronic Fissure? 56 minutes later
Hi Dr. Shanthi, I am getting her treated at Stopiles clinic in Madhapur wherein the doctor has advised for Botox injections (chemical sphincterotomy) to loosen up and let the wound heal and provided Diltiact cream and broad probiotic spectrum capsules. Is this the right course of treatment and are the medicines correct , as the treatment cost is approx. rs 25000 for the botox Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: she is on right medications Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Your wife is on the right medicines. Please continue and complete the treatment. The medications seems to be perfectly fine. Yes, botox treatment is usually a bit expensive but it is worth it. Wish your wife a quick recovery. Regards,