White spots on lips, Oral candidiasis ( thrush ), Herpes simplex infection

im 25 year old male.. i have these white looking spots on my lips.but you cant see them unit i poked my lips out l(when making the sad face or when i pucker up for a kiss) pretty much when id srecth my lips out. most of the white spots are on my bottom lip but now the top lips is starting to form these white spots too. The wierd things is i can wipe them off but only with a toothbrush) but hours later they come back. I DONT SMOKE & ALREADY gotten tested for HIV(negative) NOR CHEW TABACCO ever in my life. can you please tell me what it is Doc..becasue pretty much im scared.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: White spots on lips, Oral candidiasis ( thrush ), Herpes simplex infection 7 minutes later
and im also had those same white spots in my inner cheecks as well(still can wipe them off with a toothbrush too)
Follow-up: White spots on lips, Oral candidiasis ( thrush ), Herpes simplex infection 3 minutes later
and to follow up with that. i have a unlcer under my tongue too.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for your query,

Based on your history I could think of two common possibilities here,One would be Oral candidiasis ( thrush ) and the other Herpes simplex infection.

Oral candidiasis is a STD, also acquired by contact or via fomities ( daily usables like towel , cups etc ). This infection is presented with white curdy plaques which can be removed by scratching over them leaving a raw pink surface after their removal. Oral ulcers too are characteristic in this illness.Most of times covered with curdy white slough.

The other possibility would be Herpes simplex , here the lesions are water filled vesicles ( boils ) measuring about 1 mm to 3 mm in size.The lesions may break forming ulcers which are surrounded by erythema( redness) which is characteristic.This is an STD also acquired by contact.

Since you mention that the lesions can be very much removed by tooth brush is suspect more it to be Oral Candidiasis.

Both the infections are not serious and cured well with medications, i would suggest you to get examined and get the diagnosis confirmed and be put on necessary treatment.

Meanwhile wash your mouth twice daily with Chlorhexidine solution to prevent the symptoms and worsening of the infection.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.