White puss pimple on tonsils, turned black. Taken biaxin. Is the colour normal, advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a white puss pimple on the right side tonsil, it has now turned black. I have been on Biaxin for two full days now. Is that black color normal?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Since you are on antibiotic Biaxin for last two days, the infection in your tonsil should be under control now.
The black spot could appear due to a small hemorrhage inside the tonsil due to infection. There is nothing to feel worried about. You need to continue with the medicines prescribed by your physician.
You need to self monitor the black spot. In case the black coloration spreads or multiple small dots appear on the area then you need a medical attention.
A single spot is likely to disappear on its own once the infection subsides.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.