White line on x-ray, pneumonia, pleural effusion

Dear Doctor, I went for a xray for media check up for my visa. It shows something like a white line in my right top.
I had phenomia and pleurral effusion last year and had treatmemt for it with 6 months medication. I am worried now what is that. Will it cause any issue for my medical clearance

And what is that line or XXXXXXX in the top of the right.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 45 minutes later

There are several possible interpretations in chest xray and co relation with clinical history is required to come to a diagnosis.Only a expert radiologist can see the film and interpret the chest xray more acurately.
Going by the clinical history that you have given,that you had pneumonia and pleural effusion last year,i think that most probably the white line could be evidence of scarring or 'fibrosis'.White lines can be seen normally or abnormally in xrays.Its the medical history and examination that helps in differentiating between them.You may have to undergo an examination and your report has to be given by an expert radiologist before your medical clearance can be given.