White curd-like substance passed with stool. What could this be?

I have normal bowel movements, for the past 2 days , the stool is normal colored and well formed but there is a white curd like substance intertwined in the stool (it looks wired into it - its not just on the surface)- not a whole lot but a little, this is not mucus, what could this be? Could this be undigested probiotic capsules? or could this be jelly beans I ate? I'm off milk and milk products. Could this also be undigested fat from meat im eating?
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 11 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic,

It is very difficult to say what this whitish substance is if this is not mucus. You may be right in saying that it may be probiotic capsule which is undigested or even jelly bean.

Since it is only for two days and not associated with any blood staining or pain, I wont worry much about it.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal