Whistling sound in ear, nose is also closed. ENT prescribed medication. Tried nasal sprays. No help. Advise?

ENT Specialist
I am experiencing a distinct light whistling sound in right ear since last three months I had been to ent who had prescribed medication but it did not help the intensity increases and decreases and my nose is also closed tries nasal spray but to no effect please advice
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

I had gone through your query regarding whistling sound in your right ear for last 3 months. You are also having blocked nose and as you said that you are being examined by two ENT doctors and taking medicines but felt no relief

I hope that you are suffering from sinusitis with tinnitus. Your cold have given rise to post nasal drip and thus infection reaches to throat and from here via Eustachian tube it progressed to middle ear and ultimately tinnitus.

You really need a thorough examination of ear and nose & sinuses and necessary investigations as Audiometery and radiological study of sinuses to reach to correct diagnosis and there treatment.