While playing with or bathing daughter sometimes get erection. Normal?

Psychiatrist
Question
While playing with or bathing my 15 month old daughter i sometimes get an erection, is this normal?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is normal

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through question.

Yes this is a normal phenomenon.

Many parents have suh a erection and this erection is genrally not associated with sexual intent. Hence you can be free o f the guilt.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: While playing with or bathing daughter sometimes get erection. Normal? 34 hours later
This also happens while I'm cuddling with my daughter, is this also considered normal?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hell
Yes it is normal. Dont worry about it. Its just matter of time that this thing will settle down.
Dr. Srikanth

Follow-up: While playing with or bathing daughter sometimes get erection. Normal? 1 hour later
Even though after the erection is fully erect i start to have sexual thoughts? And before you ask no they are not about my daughter. How long does it usually take before it will stop happening?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Varies. Mostly 6 months

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Our sexual impulses get stimulated on the sight or touch of bare skin. The same is happening in your case. As long as the thoughts are not of your daughter, it perfectly fine. Time will XXXXXXX it off. Varies. Mostly 6 months.
The guilt about these thoughts will do you more harm than the occurrence of these thoughts. Its ok to have sexual thoughts. They are part of life and nothing bad or dirty about it.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Psychiatrist and Sexologist