Ask a Urologist   »  

While passing urine bladder swells and there is difficulty in emptying the urine. Underlying cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
While passing urine my bladder swells and there is difficulty in emptying the urine
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have difficulty in passing urine and your bladder swells up while passing urine .

Assuming that your bladder swells up while passing urine you mean to say that you have to strain while passing urine .
I shall be happy is you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Did you have UTI previously?
2) Did you have history of unprotected sex ?
3) Do you have past history of STD ?
4) Did you have history of any instrumentation of urinary passage (Urethra) ?
5) What is the duration of these symptoms ?
6) Do you have history of injury in perineal region ?

From the facts that you have posted it appears that you may have what is called as Stricture Of the Urethra (Narrowing of the passage of urine).

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist and by radiological test like Retrograde Cystourethrogram( RGU) and Micuriting
Cystourethrogram(MCU).

Further mode of treatment will be decided by Urologist depending upon the results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: While passing urine bladder swells and there is difficulty in emptying the urine. Underlying cause? 16 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I dont have any such history as mentioned in your mail. The problem duration from last 3 months.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for feedback.
Considering the duration of symptoms for 3 months I would suggest you to consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get the aforesaid investigations to rule out Stricture of the Urethra.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.