Which doctor should I see for vomiting white mucus?

I HAVE HAD REFLUX GOING ON 4 YEARS i'M 36 YEARS OLD. MY GI doc gave me an endoscompy 4 years ago. I am taking zegrid for the last year at 40 MG twice daily. It still is very bad on and off. I now have thrown up the last 5 mornings with mainly white mucas. I Feel on and off bad the whole day. Should I see a ear nose throat doc or a different G.I.? what could this be? I also have developed a red spot in the back off my throat concerns? also afraid of getting Barrett's
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,
I have gone through you symptoms and this most probably looks like GERD (gastroesophageal reflux) due to your Hiatus hernia.
This commonly occurs when the upper part of your stomach protrudes into your chest cavity through a weakness in the hiatus (opening) in your diaphragm.

Since you are taking Zegrid for the last one year and your symptoms have not reduced i would suggest you XXXXXXX a gastroenterologist for your problem. An E.N.T doctor can't help you much.

The red spot present on the back of your throat seems to be due to rupture of blood vessels caused due to excessive reflux.You might not be suffering from Barrett's esophagus but you might have to do a repeat endoscopy to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile i would suggest you to some simple changes in your lifestyle like,eliminating coffee, alcohol and smoking, combined with weight reduction if you are overweight,this may help a great deal to relieve the heartburn and prevent esophagitis(inflammation of food pipe).

Excessive coughing, vomiting, straining at stool or sudden physical exertion. Obesity or excess fluid in the abdomen also contribute to this condition.You should should not lie down after meals and should not eat a late meal before bedtime. The head of the your bed should be elevated on six inch blocks.
When severe symptoms of reflux persist surgery may be necessary.

Hope my answer is adequate,I am available for follow up should you have anymore concern.