Where can I get lung transplant done? Where can donors be arranged?

where can i get lungs transplant for my brother where donors can be arranged
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
Thailand,Singapore,Malaysia,India are the favored destinations for lung transplant since they offer world class treatment at low cost
You have to first find a center and enroll yourself there.
Once enrolled,then a wait begins which can vary from few days to few months.
Normally the wait is 4 to 8 months.
It is brain dead person whose lung is transplanted after a consent from the relatives of the brain dead person and so as such there is no question of arranging a donor.
A person is on the list and queue of the center where the patient is enrolled.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query,
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Where can I get lung transplant done? Where can donors be arranged? 10 minutes later
excellent answer

is there a better place where the likelihood of finding a donor is higher than the other places

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
Since it all depends upon the waiting list of different centers,the best would be to identify few centers and then ask individual centers about the waiting list.
You can then ultimately enroll in a center where they have the shortest list and high numbers of transplants taking place.
Since nobody can tell you about this,you have to undertake this exercise of choosing a center,yourself.