When is the best time to eat fruits?

when's the best time to eat fruits? is it ok to eat fruits with water or do they have to be separated like food and water? eg food should be eaten half hour before or half hour after meals? is it the same case with fruits or is it ok to eat them while drinking water? thanks bye
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 11 days later
Brief Answer:
Fruits should be separated from meals

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Very basic question, which is very important too. I am definitely happy to answer such question

Fruits have to be separated from at least any other food that is fruits to be taken at east one hour before or two hour after meals as nutrients of fruits will not be absorbed properly

Fruits already contains lots of fluid so there in no need to take fluid with fruits

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too.