When can I give deworming medication to a baby?

Feb 2013

My son has turned 2yrs 10th of this month, and i wanna know when i can give him the
D-worming dose?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

You can give deworming medication now if it is not given previously within the last 6 months.

And the deworming dose is repeated once in every 6 months.

Usually albendazole or mebendazole in the suspension form is suitable for your child.

You can give albendazole suspension at bed time after meal for one day only and another single dose can be given after 2 weeks.

The dose of albendazole in a child of age 2 years or more is 400 mg (10ml) single dose.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Thank you very much for contacting me on Healthcare Magic.