When I close my eyes on my right eye I

Ophthalmologist
Question
When I close my eyes on my right eye I see a light that is blinking on and off..it last about 15 seconds then it goes away..it is close to my central vision..I am very nearsighted -10.50! My retina specialist checked my eyes about two weeks ago and saw no retina tears..what is causing this..my doc says I have mild attentuated vessels would that cause this? I have been under stress and sometimes my blood pressure will go up but it always comes back down..I exercise everyday and try to eat right..but I do get anxiety every now and then please advice
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is due to attenuated vessel and tessellated fundus for high myopia.

Detailed Answer:
It is attenuated blood vessels savior or high myopia will result in A tessellated retina which is degenerative condition. It can be related to findings like light that is blinking on and off.Other degenarative condition has been ruled out by retina specialist. Myopia can be corrected to maximum possibilities.After correction the problem can be solved. If it gives further problem the myopic eye can be blocked . But take care to protect left eye which can be useful in future. If good eye is affected by accident fundus examination may be done to examine macula and foveal reflexes.It is to be seen as how far is central retina effected by tessellated retina.

Follow-up: When I close my eyes on my right eye I 1 hour later
So this condition is caused from attentuated vessels? Is this caused from high blood pressure or severes nearsightedness? I do have high pressure from time to time when I am under stress but most of the time my pressure is good..what can I do to stop this from progressing..do you see this often when the eye gets blocked..will I loose my sight? Will stress cause this condition? Do you see this often? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
control stress. need not be always worried.

Detailed Answer:
control your stress. yoga and meditation will helpyou. you will not loose vision since other eye is normal . since youhave got anisometropia and your binocularity is lost.stress is a contributing factor and you have to control it. you can not do anything to stop progress. only thing is youhave to control your vision of goodeye.